Wafer Paper Orchid Kit White
This kit contains die-cut, printed elements to create 9 beautifully detailed, delicate wafer paper orchids. Full instructions, wire, and floral tape also included.
- creates 9 orchids (3 small, 3 medium, 3 large)
- finished small orchids measure 1-1/8", medium orchids are 2-1/4" large orchids are 3-1/4"
- Attach flower elements together with wafer paper glue (see recipe below)
- refrigerating cakes and cupcakes with wafer paper decorations is not recommended
- If attaching to buttercream cakes or cupcakes, brush the back side of the flower (only where it will touch the buttercream) with melted cocoa butter and let dry. This will create a moisture barrier to keep the buttercream from wilting/melting the wafer paper. 'Cause nobody needs soggy orchids!
- Use Wafer Paper Conditioner to soften the petals to curve them for a more realistic look
Wafer Paper Glue
- A few sheets of plain wafer paper
Directions: Dissolve the wafer paper in water (about equal parts water to paper) and leave overnight for a thick glue to form. Add more water for thinner glue consistency.