French Press Coffee Maker 5 Cup
You don't need to be a Barista to up your coffee game. French press is the most flavorful way to make coffee, but it sounds a bit intimidating. Actually, it's really simple! The lid, with built-in mesh plunger and microfilter in the spout, pushes grounds to the bottom of the pot and captures unwanted grounds as you pour.
- Simply measure medium-ground coffee directly into the glass beaker, (approximately 2 rounded tablespoons of ground coffee per 8-ounces of water, or to your desired taste).
- Add a small amount of just-boiled water. Stir the grounds gently so they sink and wait 30 seconds.
- Fill the pot to the desired level with boiled water. Place the plunger lid inside the pot so the screen is level and sits just above the water line.
- Let the coffee brew for a total of 3 to 5 minutes, from the time you added the water.
- When coffee has brewed, begin plunging. Hold the pot by the handle with one hand and slowly plunge with the other, for about 20 seconds. The plunger pushes grounds to the bottom of the pot and filters them from the fresh-brewed coffee.
- Don t allow the coffee to sit in the pot with the grounds, or it will continue to brew, and you'll probably get too hyped up on caffeine and decide to paint the house. Pour your coffee immediately and enjoooooy.