Wafer Paper Butterflies Black & White
These delicate wafer paper butterflies are ready to attach to any cake or cupcake! They're 100% edible, and beautifully detailed!
- set of 22 butterflies
- sizes range between 1-1/2" and 2-1/2" wide
- Attach to cakes with wafer paper glue (see recipe below, scraps of plain wafer paper are included with the butterflies)
- refrigerating cakes and cupcakes with wafer paper decorations is not recommended
- If attaching to buttercream cakes or cupcakes, brush the back side of the butterfly (only where it will touch the buttercream) with melted cocoa butter and let dry. This will create a moisture barrier to keep the buttercream from wilting/melting the wafer paper. 'Cause nobody needs soggy butterflies!
- Use Wafer Paper Conditioner to soften the butterflies if you want to manipulate and curve their wings
Wafer Paper Glue
- A few sheets of plain wafer paper
Directions: Dissolve the wafer paper in water (about equal parts water to paper) and leave overnight for a thick glue to form. Add more water for thinner glue consistency.