Acrylic Frosting Guide Discs by Cakeheads
As low as $7.99
These Acrylic Frosting Guide Discs by Cakeheads are sized 1/2" larger than your cake, to ensure that you have a nice 1/4" thick layer of Buttercream all the way around your finished cake! We sell them in pairs so that you can follow the 2 disc frosting method for flawless buttercream. Haven't seen it? Check out Cakeheads for their amazing tutorial!
HOW TO USE THEM:
- Center your cake (on its board) on top of one of the guide plates
- Add a layer of buttercream to the top of the cake
- Center the 2nd guide plate on top of the buttercream
- Add buttercream to the side of the cake
- Using a bench scraper that is taller than the cake, scrape off the buttercream down to the guide plates
- Chill the cake and remove the exposed guide plates. You now have a perfectly frosted tier with no board showing!
**Like a little less frosting on your cakes? Our Smarter than Hell Frosting Guide Plates are only 1/4" larger than standard cake pans, so they leave a thinner layer of frosting! These are especially useful for large cake sizes, where the cakes tend to shrink more during baking.**